Smackdown Not So Instant Fantasy Analysis 7/3/2012
Posted by: choke
Jul 5, 2012
185 views | 2 comments
Who's rising, who's falling after this week's Smackdown (Great American Bash)
Enjoyed the MITB qualifiers and of course the AJ stuff. LOVED Del Rio's promo and attack on Sheamus. Hated just about everything else.
1. Cody Rhodes - Mainly because I predict MITB will be his chance to shine and I think he wins it and goes on a bit of a streak to regain the momentum he had before Christian arrived. Yeah Ziggler could win as well, but IMO he doesnt need it nearly as bad as Cody does.
2. Alberto Del Rio - His best Mic work in a VERY long time, and the attack on Sheamus after he dismantled Sin Cara on Monday made him look more dangerous than ever. If this continues they can have him be a dominant heel for a long while to come
3. Dolph Ziggler - Maybe just because I didn't expect him to get into the MITB match, but he has a decent chance to win which would do wonders for his career
1. Antonio - Keep him off the show for weeks, then bury him against Khali? Still hoping for good things for him, but damn. Of all the newer talent on TV, he seems to be getting the short end of the stick.
2. Ryback - Was this the end of the 2 on 1s? He'll still rack up a ton of points squashing the likes of Hawkins, Jinder, etc even if it was, but that'll be 10 points less per week if so.
3. Kane - Because I don't really know where they're going to go from here. Went from being in the hottest, most interesting storyline in the WWE (Punk,AJ,Bryan) to losing to the Big Show and getting eliminated by Zack Ryder. I'm probably reading too much into it and I'm sure he'll still get his points, but I think his role will be slightly diminished.