WWE NXT and Superstars Fantasy Analysis (Spoilers)
Posted by: choke
May 16, 2012
261 views | 9 comments
Analyzing this week's upcoming NXT and Superstars results to see if there's any fantasy league impact
First I gotta say that I don't watch either of these shows. Never have, probably never will. I do like reading what's happening on them week to week though to see if I can notice any trends or interesting potential pickups. THESE DO INCLUDE SPOILERS ON THE MATCHES IF YOU WATCH EITHER SHOW
I get all these results from http://www.prowrestling.net
WWE NXT Taping
1. Johnny Curtis defeated Percy Watson.
2. The Great Khali and Ezekiel Jackson beat Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks.
3. Kaitlyn defeated Maxine by submission.
4. Tyson Kidd defeated Michael McGillicutty and Derrick Bateman in a Triple Threat match.
Analysis: Not much. Dean Ambrose (Jon Moxley) will definitely be worth grabbing once he makes a legitimate TV appearance, but who knows when that will be. I thought Hawkins and Reks might be decent pickups a few weeks ago when they were doing their Twitter thing to try to get them back on, but losing to Khali and Zeke is not a good look.
Dark Match 1. Dean Ambrose beat Zack Ryder.
WWE Superstars Taping
1. Heath Slater beat Alex Riley.
2. Lord Tensai defeated Tyson Kidd.
Post-Show Dark Matches
1. C.M. Punk beat Chris Jericho to retain the WWE Championship.
2. John Cena, Sheamus, and Randy Orton beat Kane, Lord Tensai, and Dolph Ziggler.
I guess later there was another match taped
1. The Uso Brothers beat Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger (w/Vickie Guerrero).
Analysis: FFS this is what Tensai was doing? A little worrisome IMO that he's on Superstars and not RAW a week after pinning CM Punk clean on the show. I think it's probably just due to the fact that he doesnt have a match at this PPV and they had a lot of catching up to do to sell the Big Show turning heel (at least I think) angle as well as furthering the other PPV matches. Ambrose pinned Ryder in the dark match? That's really interesting even for a dark match, and more reasoning that once he shows his face I think he's worth a pickup. The Usos beat Ziggler and Swagger? That's just absolute madness. Might mean that if Swaggler win the tags on Sunday that they'll sell that the Usos beat them just days prior and give them a title shot? I wouldn't risk a trade on it at this point though as they likely wouldn't win even if they get it.
So basically don't do anything, but when Dean Ambrose comes on (or Seth Rollins/Tyler Black for that matter!) pick them up with the quickness.